Monday, February 1, 2010

MONDAY'S WASH DAY....

not here. Not this week. My washing machine died. Really truly dead. And I'm not mourning it's loss...So my husband and I went off to purchase a new one. One word really only fits here

WOW.....

those babies are expensive. But hell, it's only money, you can't take it with you right? Right.

So I got some pretty fancy stuff for laundry hell. My laundry room is in the cellar of this fine old house- thus the name for it. There are cobwebs, concrete floor, pipes showing, funky other things left undiscussed... you get the idea. So with that said, as I was picking out a stainless steel washer and dryer(because my dryers on it's last legs too), adding in the pedestals and getting the cool steam features I about threw up. I could drive it and not be embarrassed it cost so much. I really did kinda hyperventilate- and my husband kept saying- get what you want, get what you REALLY want....

So, as we left, my husband said, 'well, you got exactly what you wanted'.... not really, I wanted red, but it wasn't offered with all the other cool amenities...but I didn't say that. I mean geesh- I wouldn't want him to never utter those magic words again..

2 comments:

  1. Rule #1: Shop the very day he says, "Get what you want." Rule #2: Never learn to do what you don't want to do. Such as mowing lawn. Not that I have any......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran across your blog during the OWOH event and decided to nose around your blog. Booy oh boy am I glad I did. You cracked me up with this post. I believe I, too, would not have mentioned read so as to ensure the dear hubby may one day, yet again, utter those magical words. Hee Hee...you got me a the description of the cellar of "this old house" oh yeah and cobwebs too!!!

    ReplyDelete