Thursday, September 13, 2012

AND SO IT GOES....

I lived through another one.

Birthday, that is.

I do not care for my birthday so much.  I don't think it's the actual day... its the realization that I am another year OLDER.

What an ugly word...

I remember thinking I couldn't wait to be older... what a perfect fool I was....  ugh....

Ok, ok, enough gloom and pity...

It was a lovely birthday.  My family rose to the occasion, and treated me royally!  Mark, Jessica, Blain, Scarlett, Dan and Scott (Dan's brother) took me to dinner.  Well, Mark did, but the kids joined the festivities.  Corbin had a prior commitment so he was missing, I was disappointed, but understood.  His boyhood best buddy's little boy turned 1.  Hard for me to fathom that Corbin's buddy Lucas could possibly be old enough to have a child... seems like they were just naughty little boys getting into mischief.

....here we go again with the damn age thing.

Anyway, we went for Tapas, and it was so fun. I love Tapas.  Perfect dining if you ask me.  I like small plates, and hors' deouvres dining...just ask my kids. They grew up on a diet of such... I had a friend that used to tease me about the movie 'Mermaids' - dining Ardith style.  It worked for us, Mark traveled, why not make dinner an adventure? I feel that all 3 are ready for a life of cocktail parties and the like.  Attractive grazing.... perfect.

Okay, I'm rambling.

Anyway, the b-day weekend was nice, finally got out for a sail on Monday, when Lake Michigan calmed down (10 foot waves just aren't my idea of a nice sail).  Now it's onward in the month, and I realize we are almost at the end of this sailing season.  Boo.

WHERE DID SUMMER GO??? (old person statement).

I think having a wedding made summer seem to fly, so maybe if we are lucky, winter will fly by since we are having another then.  Works for me.  Speaking of weddings... I'm starting my dress collection for the winter one.  You know me- I gather many, and then decide and return.  Just finished returning from the last one.  And don't even get me started on the shoe situation... there's a lot of shopping pressure here!!!

And, lastly, don't forget to check out my stamps if you are a card maker... or if you are not, become one and start with mine!!!

http://www.madformarkers.com.au/catalog/

http://www.stampaffair.com/main.htm

Happy Fall~


No comments:

Post a Comment