Monday, February 7, 2011

DEEP IN THE HEART.....

of Texas.

That's where I am. Still.

I came down last week, to hang out with my husband... and miss the blizzard of 2011...
hehehe... well, maybe the hehehe was on me. It's been cold. Not just chilly....but,COLD. Like below freezing cold. And I, savvy traveler, only have a cardigan and a denim jacket. Ah yeah...

I ventured out to Macy's (not the best Macy's let me tell ya) and got a couple sweaters and some gloves, but in reality, I could use a down coat, like the one I left in my car at O'Hare airport in Chicago, buried, under 2 1/2 feet of snow.

The big storm of 2011 dumped serious snow in the Chicagoland area and an arctic blast throughout the Midwest well down into Texas, complete with a FORECAST of paralyzing snow.. 3 inches..whew..scary.

They announced the airport was closed, a few hours BEFORE the dreaded storm hit..

And, of course, it didn't snow, now there was ice, and that really freaked everyone out, so they closed all the roads, including their 'main artery' interstate type roads. Just plain closed.
Weird, deserted streets...and the birds... that my husband said have never done THIS before... they know I'm here..
 Just call me Tippy....

Over the weekend, we ventured off to Austin, to see what was there.  Being the capitol of the great state of Texas, we were curious.

It was a nice town, we stayed in a glorious old (refurbished) Texas hotel. In typical Texas fashion it was grand. And I loved it.





The best part of Austin was....I got to see an old college friend, whom I hadn't seen in like (gulp) 25 years... we had a FAB time, and picked up right where we left off.. many memories and a lot of laughs....

So I'm back to Houston, and am staying another week. After all, would you want to go home and dig out your car and face all that snow? I think not. So I'm here for another few days, and I'm hopeful for some springish weather, it was warm over the weekend, like 76 yesterday, today cooler, but sunny, I'll take it! Yee Haw...




No comments:

Post a Comment