Friday, August 17, 2012

I DO.... OR IS IS DO I?!?!

After all the morning preparations, we loaded up and headed out to the darling 'Chapel in the Pines'.  What a gorgeous place for a wedding.  The owner built it for his wife for their 30th wedding anniversary.

Cool huh?

I'd rather have diamonds, Mark, if you are reading this.  Since today IS my anniversary, I thought I'd slide that in.  Actually, it is a rainy day here in the Chicagoland area, and it was 32 years ago when we got married.  I was less that excited to wake to a stormy day, but in the end, it didn't matter, we were still married, and a 2:30 wedding during a dark storm made the church quite candle lit.

Anyway, back to the wedding at hand....

Jessica and Blain had decided that IF the weather cooperated their ceremony would be outside at the darling little gazebo

... cost Mark a fortune, but Mother Nature can be bought!! HaHa.  It was a delightfully perfect day for an outside event.  We milled around, greeting guests chatting, until they rang the church bell.

 
That was the signal to sit down, which everyone but the parents did.  Programs, made the the talented duo of Scarlett and Dan were handed out by my niece Chloe.  







We walked in with vessels of sand for the sand ceremony portion of the wedding.  After Mark deposited me in my seat he sprinted back to the Chapel where the bridal party was sequestered.


And, so it began....





Blain's aunt married them, and she did an awesome job.  Very cool lady, I enjoyed talking with her. After pronouncing them husband and wife, we all filed out to congratulate the couple and begin the photo session.






Jessica's shoes said I Do in sparkles on the soles, they were seated on a darling wicker bench, with her feet in his lap. It was at that time, AFTER taking a couple pictures we noticed that the way her feet were it said Do I?  She quickly changed them... silly girl.


After every photo one can think of was taken, they got into their darlinc convertible complete with 'JUST MARRIED' sign (courtesy of Scarlett) and roared off...






....to the Pub in Hinckley.  Isn't that where everyone goes with their bridal party to toast their new marriage?  Got to say, there are some great pictures from there, ala the photographer (which I'll show as soon as I can)... What a great advertisement for the place... beautiful girls and handsome guys!!

Mark and I came home.  I took my dress off and sat down for a 20 minute power nap before getting up to assemble the candy table and activate the fairy berries.  Sporting some capri's and a tee shirt,  I certainly wasn't ready for the bridal party COMPLETE with the photographer to show up... and to take pictures of me....REALLY???

And the brides mother wore...denim?

I gotta lay down.





No comments:

Post a Comment