Saturday, June 20, 2009

Garage Sales.....

So yesterday my middle daughter whom I will refer to as S. came to go to an estate sale in town. As she is getting an apartment, it seemed to be a good idea to hunt around for cool stuff. We went to one that was a '3rd' generation home... there was more stuff than one could imagine. UNBELIEVABLE. Okay, I'll fess up, I did actually go there a couple times. Frankly, I think you'd have to to see it all.... interesting cool antiques.... some interesting 50's pieces..... a ton of Longaberger baskets.....collectibles.... and just plain old crap. We managed to find some treasurers... now... there will be reupholstering to do. S has funky taste, I'm very curious to see how her place will turn out.

We have sunshine today and HOT. REALLY HOT. It's good... seems as though we go from cold spring to hot summer with no transition. Yesterday I had to meet a plane... went to the airport...waiting.... get a call from my husband (who I was picking up) only to find out he had been diverted to another state. Great. My phone was going to die (of course) so I had to drive to find a place to buy a car charger....and then the big storm hit. I honestly was afraid my car would be blown over. Got the charger, and eventually got the husband. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment